Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Academic Debt is Envitable

I am wallowing in disappointment.

The unimaginable has occured to me: I am in debt.

Those of you who don't know me are most likely looking at the screen thinking, "So, what? Everyone is."

But I, who has worked my tail off for over three years straight, was doing so well until the follies of this past summer. I've even worked both a full-time and a part-time job one summer, but now, I have the dreaded...

...the horrific...

...the awful student loan!

(Dramatic organ music plays in the background.)

And, it seems like no matter what I do, I cannot work enough hours and go to school and be invoved ministry-wise at my church. Although it may seem like my following priorities are out of order, I still will always put God and church involvement equal to school, then secondly, work. If I put work and school first, I feel like I am ignoring a calling of God. I'm not crazy, just stubborn.

This is what I figure: As long as I can keep up with my classes and papers and remain strong in whatever path God wants me to take, then I do not fear the worries of debt. I know that He will enable me (through employment or whatnot) to pay it all off in good time.

I guess that this is what happens when I pray for help with credit management. I'll just consider it all a learning experience.


Endnote: Considering that I'll only have one year's tutition to pay back, I could have faired far worse. Besides, after this final year of university, I can finally go and have a full-time job. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home