Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nice, Smooth Legs

*Please note:
This is a topic of feminine lifestyle. All macho men that get goose-bumpy and sick with words such as "bikini line" used in the context of hair removal, beware. (Hey, remember, we do this stuff partially for you guys!)



I made an appointment yesterday. What for, you ask? Well, I was sitting in my yoga pants and a tank watching television when I placed my hand on my ankle. I shiver went down my spine when I looked at the dense forest that had overtaken my legs. Hmmm, I though. Maybe I should shave... But, you see, I hate shaving with a passion. I am already klutzy, so me attempting to shave my legs with a sharp blade normally results in blood. I have little scars to prove it, too!

So, a couple years ago, I thought, Why not wax? I figured that all the whining about how much it hurt was simply wussy female-talk. So, I bought a home-waxing kit and set myself up in my tankini and a dry bathroom tub. What a mess! Sure, it worked, but there was wax everywhere. Thank goodness I did my legs in the tub, otherwise, washing away all the wax stuck all over the place would not have been an easy task.

The next time, I decided, I would go to a salon. However, being the rather conservative person that I am (Remember that I am shy about my legs...so having someone that close to them freaks me out), I had to bring myself to do it. While debating, I sliced my leg (again) shaving and had enough...

...So I went to an Indian salon (I don't mean to sound crass, but I've got Indian friends who will self-admit that their as hairy as Robin Williams without the waxing) figuring that I'd feel like the lesser of us hairy ones.

The lady, who was the same one that I went to today, is the same on that I have been going to. She makes you feel really comfortable even when you're sitting there in your panties and a tanktop!

The good news is that spring is now offically here. I can finally see the skin on my legs again, my arms are nice and smooth and now I can wear a skirt again! (Yay!) I still have to go back again next week for a bikini waxing, but I don't know...I might just do that myself. It's a little less intrusive.

Sigh, what women do for beauty. We're a funny bunch.

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 27, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Amy! I'm so proud of you! Props to waxing... and no worries, bikini waxing really isn't as painful as people say!

xoxoxoxo

Amanda

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Amy!

Nice blog...I have never tried waxing. I have been playing floor hockey for the past couple of months so I have been keeping up on the shaving for once! Bring on summer though when all my hair goes blonde in the sunlight. Anyway, how are you doing? I haven't seen you in a while, we shall have to do something about that! Hope you're coping with exam time, I was at York on Tuesday, I sat in the "hill" restaurant in York keys (?) and handed out questionairres to random students..they were very friendly!

See you later,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home