Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy New Year...Now What?

Happy New Year, everyone!

So, 2006 is finally here. You know, I was thinking the other day about Y2K. Wasn't that hilarious? Everyone under the age of forty was laughing, meanwhile, almost everyone over that was completely convinced that somehow the world's computer systems were going to short-out, or shut down. I understand the concern surrounding the bank systems and stock markets, but our generation was so busy that Christmas season trying to convince all the baby-boomers that their home PC was NOT going to explode. The only thing I remember exploding was the excellent fireworks display on the waterfront. See? Mel Lastman was great for the city because, even with his media follies as mayor, he certainly knew how to raise Toronto moral and start the city a-partyin'!



All that was six years ago...Wow, feeling older? Now that I look back, the year 2000 was my grade eight year. That was our family's first year in Mississauga after moving from Richmond Hill. Huh...Funny how time flies. Now, I'm in second year at York University and debating about my next step. I've realized that now matter how much you dream, there are no concrete plans in life. Dreams are just a way to give you direction. They are so important to have, but never forget that sometimes dreams change and mature with the dreamer.

So, this New Year's, don't be afraid to do more than just resolute. Re-evaluate your dreams and make some goals instead. Go past the usual "I need to lose weight." Look at the long term. Set some goals, one each month and aim to achieve them. But as you achieve, make sure you assess, too. Don't be afraid to change the next goal to fit your life...it is your life, after all.

Well, on the topic of life, I have to get back to it. My room looks like a bomb exploded in it, so I should probably get cleaning before I go crazy (or before my mom or dad get mad!). Here's one of my goals: I want to be more organized, but I think I'll need a little help from the local IKEA.

As she reads over my shoulder, my mother is so happy.

All the best in the New Year!

Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home