Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Am I Too Trusting?

I honestly dislike mankind right now.

I keep getting myself into situations not quite to my liking due to my trust in people. Hmmm, for example...

This whole problem with my mission trip photographs from this past summer in Cuba is still outstanding. Sigh, I do someone a favor, lend them my camera and all that is agreed to in return is that we swap doubles. But I guess that's just too easy because I still don't have my photographs. The thing that bothers me the most is that this person kept saying that they'd meet me to trade and then, "Oops, sorry...Something came up."

Disgusting. Simply disgusting. What ever happened to the validity of giving one's word? Society and all things moral and good are quickly going to hell in a handbag.

Then there's this entire group work issue right now. I am taking a course at YorkU called Dance in Popular Culture in the 20th Century and as part of the final grade, a group project is to be presented. I was going to do it by myself...I should have listened to my gut feeling. I now have a slacker group who didn't even show up this past Tuesday, when a rough draft (worth 15% of final grade) of the essay was due. I have no problem with group projects, but I am a perfectionist and need to work with people of the same type. This is not me being upity, just picky...And rightfully so. It is my grade, my butt on the line and my academic standing that I need to get off academic warning.


The question is: Am I too cynical?


Perhaps, and that's not good. By the way, to all of you out there, which are numerous and fantastic friends, I hope you realize that I'm not talking about you. I know that you are good at heart and love God and always try to do the right thing.

I guess that I'm just mad at those few in my life, the ones that make me wonder if I'm simply too trusting. But then I realize, I think I'd rather be trusting and always give people the benefit of the doubt. It answers that question of, "What would Jesus do?"

It's just so hard...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Deano "aka" Jimmy Joe Meeker "aka" Fat Elvis said...

No... I am with you 100%..I hate any group projects now...they never work out and think they should be outlawed forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home