Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Still

I sat there tonight in choir, not needing to watch the notes or lyrics like I normally do, and I realized why: The song that we were practicing was above singing words or watching out for sharps and flats or flipping to the coda...It was about the power of just being "Still." So, as I sang with the rest of the choir members, I found myself in deep contemplation. Why do I fret about and worry when, in the stillness of God, all of our problems and burdens are taken care of? Especially at this time of year, the season leading up to Christmas, I tend to get sideswiped by the craziness of essays and exams, and sidetracked by the glittery ornaments and all things Christmas. (Afterall, Grey Cup weekend is fast approaching and that means outdoor lights time!)

But I guess that, sometimes, I forget in all of this that God is there and simply waiting for me to slow down, stop and take that moment to share in the awesomeness and wonder of His unfailing, "never-too-busy-for-His-children" kind of love.

Still
Find rest, my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
I will be still and know You...
...are God.

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 27, 2006 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Ames
I was in the colege group on Wednesday night, and I heard the choir practising that song. I think it's absoutely beautiful, and I stopped what I was doing to listen and sing a long. You are right, why do we worry?! We waste so much of our precious mental energy in it. I hope we will be hearing that song this Sunday?

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

excuse me, your fans are awaiting an update.

By the way did you manage to get your exam switched from the performance day you crazy girl?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home